Announcing Go Button 3.0.0
Today we are introducing Go Button 3, the exciting next generation of our mobile sound cue playback app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Go Button is used every day by performers all around the world to play sound cues for their live shows. More than just a music player, it lets theatres, sound designers, choreographers, and performers like magicians & puppeteers run their sound the right way – giving them an incredibly easy way to control their sound cues for consistent and foolproof playback at every show.
And today it gets even better. Here are some highlights of what's new:
Try Before You Buy
Go Button 3 is now free to try for 1 show playlist. We want everyone to have the chance to explore Go Button, play around with the Example Show, and try out building a show of their own. When you are ready, you can purchase a Pro license with a one-time In-App Purchase to immediately unlock the ability to create, import, and export an unlimited number of shows. And you can restore this single purchase across all of your iOS devices that share the same Apple ID.
(Prior owners of Go Button 1 or 2 will receive a free upgrade to the Pro license.)
Why the change? We understand that it is much easier to evaluate software – and whether it is right for you – if you can actually use the software first! Up until now, this was only possible by trying out someone else's copy of Go Button. We decided to open things up and let everybody try out all of Go Button's functionality with zero commitment.
This is not a time-limited demo or a crippled "lite" version. You can save your work, perform your show, and do anything else that you can do in the fully-licensed version with that show. And whether you buy a Pro license or use the free version forever, you'll still be backed by the incredible Figure 53 Support team.
New For Performers
We love getting feedback from our users, and Go Button 3 delivers many new features requested specifically by performers, including:
- Shows now have settings that help prevent accidental GOs, including the ability to set a minimum time that is required to pass between each GO and an option to disable double-taps on the cue list.
- "Oops" – a new remote control action lets you gracefully recover from an accidental GO by stopping the most recently-played cue and resetting your show back to that cue.
- On iPad, a new Full Screen Mode makes it easy to see your device when it's located far away from across the stage.
- The "Continuous Show" option lets you run an entire show in a non-stop loop.
- Cues now can have a "Pre Wait", so you can delay the start of a cue and perfectly time your walk-on music.
New For Everyone
- Cue & hit volume now goes up to +12 dB, so now you can increase the volume of that one track that is quieter than all the others.
- Cues & hits now have variable playback rate, with the option to preserve or alter the pitch with the rate change.
- All Go Actions that perform fades on a cue now can have custom fade durations.
- The Show Player gains an on-screen Master Fader letting you smoothly adjust your show's master volume independent of your device volume.
- Hits are now available on iPhone and support looping, pre wait, and multiple selection.
- Export shows with their audio files in the new .gobundle document format. (iTunes Music library tracks cannot be exported and must be synced separately.)
- Import audio files and shows from AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and cloud services installed on your device. Share your .gobutton or .gobundle files to other devices via the same methods.
- Optionally send "Now Playing" information to display on compatible remote controls, watches, and apps during playback.
- The new full-fledged OSC Control API lets you control Go Button over a local network using QLab or other OSC sources.
In addition to all of the visible new features, Go Button 3 also contains improvements that are unseen but equally important for our ability to keep pace with advancements in iOS. The show player view has been rebuilt from scratch using modern iOS techniques that better adapt to any new future device sizes as well as enable Split-Screen Mode on newer iPads. Also, the cue scheduling layer is all-new and adapted from time-tested code in other Figure 53 products.
If you are an experienced Go Button user, we hope you enjoy discovering everything new that version 3 has to offer. If you are new to Go Button, we can't wait for you to try it out!
Please let us know what you think, and don't hesitate to ask a question in the Go Button user group or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help!
Go Button 3.0.0 Release Notes
Try before you buy. Go Button is now free to use to try out 1 show. Buy a Pro license to unlock unlimited shows with an in-app purchase.
Export an entire show with all of its audio files in a single .gobundle document. Send a show to another device or Mac via AirDrop, Mail, and Messages. Upload your show to compatible services like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, and Google Drive. (Bundled shows include audio from your Go Button Documents folder only. Music library tracks must be synced separately.)
iPad Full Screen Mode: easy-to-read, large text view. Great for seeing your show if your iPad is offstage or far away.
Master Volume: adjust the output volume of your show on-screen independently from your device volume.
"Oops": stop and re-select the most recently-played cue in a single remote control action.
All-new "Contact Support" tool for better in-app feedback and bug reporting.
OSC control API for remote triggering from QLab or other OSC sources.
Cues and Hits
Increase the volume of a cue or hit by up to +12 dB.
Adjust audio playback speed from 1/4x to 4x, with or without changing the pitch.
Set a "Pre Wait" time to delay the start of any cue or hit.
Set custom fade durations on all "Fade Out" and "Fade to" Go Actions.
Hits now support looping, multiple selection, and batch edit.
Double-GO protection: option to set a minimum time that must pass before allowing another GO.
Cue double-tap protection: option to ignore double-taps on the cue list.
Continuous Show: option to return to the first cue of a show after the last cue starts playing.
Shows keep track of their Created and Last Modified dates.
The "Go" button is now resizable and easier to perform visual cues: Press & hold to standby, lift up to GO.
Swipe left/right on the show timer to switch between elapsed time and wall clock time. Long-press on elapsed show timer to reset to 0:00.
Option to send "Now Playing" information to display on compatible remote devices and apps.
A draggable auto-follow indicator in the waveform view to visualize and set the post wait time.
"Shake Device" as a remote control trigger.
Supports iPad Split View mode.
Requires iOS 8.4 or later.